Early Reading Together Te Panui Ngatahi
This research-based programme has been changing lives since 1982. Please book below.
The programme is free and we are happy to help with baby sitting costs.
Workshop One - Tuesday 1st September
How to help with reading at home
- An overview of Early Reading Together
- Enjoying a well-loved book together
- Ideas how language and reading develop and how children learn
- Suggestions for helping young children by talking and reading with them at home—explanation, demonstration and discussion
- More suggestions about talking with children
- Suggestions for choosing and finding books, and looking ahead
Workshop Three - Tuesday 22nd September
Sharing ideas, feedback, resources and looking ahead
- Giving feedback about Early Reading Together
- Sharing experiences and looking ahead
- More books and resources to use at home
- Concluding the workshops
Workshop Two - Tuesday 8th September
More ideas and ways of helping young childrens language and reading development (as they get older)
- Sharing experiences and reviewing suggestions
- More ideas about learning language and learning to read
- More suggestions for helping young children by talking and reading with them at home—explanation, demonstration and discussion
- Looking ahead
Early Reading Together Bookings Form
Your early booking will be much appreciated so we can plan for hosting.
* indicates required field
Community consultation regarding policies and procedures
Your voice is important to us. We love to receive your feedback as it helps us to improve our service, so we have provided a simple and convenient feedback form.
Fundraising for our playground upgrade
So far we have raised over $14,000 towards the $75,000.00 for our playground, and we and need your help. Please click here to donate
ERO confirms preschool is "well placed"
The confirmed ERO report signals that Tower Road Christian Preschool is well placed to promote positive learning outcomes for children and confirms a three year return cycle.
Postponements & Cancellations
Interested in continuing Christian education for your child?
With its strong connectedness with Matamata Christian School, the Preschool is developing pathways of learning that will ensure that children, for whichever school they may transition to, are ready and well prepared when the time comes.
Do you have a heart for Christian Education? Do you want to see children drawn towards God? Do you want to support a place where Christian prayer, faith and values can be openly taught and practiced?
We are looking for people of faith with a love for the Lord, a vision for Christian education and a willingness to serve on any one of the four Boards associated with our educational group. Is God prompting you? For more information and to make an inquiry click here. (Note this link opens an information page on the Matamata Christian School website)